Old March 27th 04, 11:16 PM
J. Paaso

Sorry for the poor net-etiquette. My answers are embedded within the
original text:

the "N" in NLAA is "Negatiivinen". I'm wondering if the "H" in PHAA is for
a word for "loading," since "koekuormit huskuorma" is translated as "test

Yup,
negatiivinen= negative
positiivinen= positive
koekuormituskuorma= test load; test weight(ing)/load(ing)(or the
nearest equivalent)

By the way, the word "siivekkeet" is translated as "winglets," but I've
assumed that this actually means "aileron."

yup, siivekkeet= aileron
So far your command of the finnish language is quite good!-)

Despite my last name, I know next to no Finnish. Just "sauna," "Ka iso
haami," and a swear word my father taught me last year. :-)

....that must be an old one (or lost in the phonetics..) I dont
recoqnize it..yet. My dad knew a whole bunch of them and tried to
teach me well.

Ron "saunaless in Seattle" Wanttaja

Yeah, your name fooled me for some ten odd years, or so. BTW sauna's
are quite easy to construct. Much easier than flying
thing-ama-jiggies!

I still havent gotten answers to your query from here. I haven't been
able to decipher the "codes" meself, my knowledege falls short of
that.
As far as I've been able´to find out the original building permit for
the OH-XOS "bowers fly baby" was dated for 10th march 1977 to a Olavi
Sakselin. Since then, there is a new permit with the same registation
: 6th of september 1996 (Fly baby model 1a) which I think is tha same
aircraft in question and although I'm not a member, I think It is the
same 'rafter project' that has been hanging in the upper shelves in
the Hämeenlinna aero-club for sometime now. As I said, I'm not 100%
sure...but.

--

Juho Paaso
a slow and sure progress: PIK-21