Old November 3rd 04, 05:45 PM
Bob Chilcoat

Jay,

!#%$ you!

Oops, sorry, it just slipped out. Must use less left rudder. :-)

W, the one who was supposed to be great at consensus building and bringing
us all together, but who managed to polarize us more than ever, gets a
second chance it would seem. I'm willing to listen, but I suspect he will
now feel that he has a mandate to ram a lot of Christian Right crap down our
throats. Just my expectation. I will reserve final judgement while I wait
to see some sign of compromise on his part.

I don't have to like Bush and Cheney (Or Kerry, for that matter) to love
America

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Now that it appears that George Bush has been re-elected with a true
majority of the popular vote (the first president to do so in 16 years),

let
me be the first to extend an olive branch to those here who may be
disappointed in the results.

What has made America strong, and allowed our democracy to thrive for over
200 years, is our ability to embrace the loyal opposition on election day.
We, as pilots, may be just as divided politically as the rest of the
country, but where we differ from the common electorate is in our shared
love of aviation.

This bond, in my opinion, transcends any fleeting election disagreements,
and I, for one, will be more than happy to see all this animosity

evaporate,
so that we can get back to the fun of talking about flying!

Blue skies, all!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA