Old May 17th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Finally: The right-sized Thielert

It would be interested to see what their cost would
be for an engine that was certified to replace the 250HP
Lycoming IO-540C4B5 engines on my Aztec. I'd
guess that even at engine overhaul time, econmics
would be vastly in favor of overhauling the old engines
as compared to replacing them with diesels.

Ronnie

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Thielert has announced a diesel engine in the 230-HP-range, covering
the gap between the existing 135- and 350-HP models. Great news, IMHO,
since this is the kind of power many of the planes we fly need. First
target for certification seems to be the 182. Time frame is 2007. Nice!

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)