Old May 18th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Finally: The right-sized Thielert

Jet A is more expensive out our local pumps than 100LL but about 80cents.
BT

"M" wrote in message
ps.com...

Diesel actually has a substantial advande in fuel economy. The Tielert
diesel claims to have a BSFC of 0.33lb/HP-hr, far better than the
gasoline engines that're usually at 0.40-0.45 range. If you think this
is not significant, consider that diesel weighs more per gallon than
avgas, and we buy fuel in volume, not weight. So a 25% improvement of
BSFC by going diesel will actually result in 28% of saving in the
volume (gallon) of fuel burn. If the cost of diesel per gallons is 20%
lower than avgas, the total fuel cost saving is going to be about 34%
in dollar amount. That's very significant over the life time of an
engine.

wrote:

What is going to happen to fuel costs? Right now Jet A is $.87/gal
cheaper at my local FBO. Will this spread increase or decrease?

Will a FADEC diesel further reduce the fuel costs by keeping everything
optimal?