Old August 28th 19, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default "Do It Yourself" airborne proximity warning device

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 5:43:55 PM UTC-5, Dan Daly wrote:
You can download the FCC and IC testing report for the PowerFLARM CORE/Brick, pictures, etc. at https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...id=ZKUGC625162

They are thorough.

Thanks for the link. Now I know what the inside of a Flarm looks like.

I wonder why they didn't test with both antennas active. If I read the test report correctly, their radiated power (33mW) is way lower than the inteference limit (1W), so it seems like it would have passed easily.

There was another limit around 60mW for something?