Old May 28th 05, 02:12 AM
Matt Barrow

wrote in message
"Matt Barrow" wrote:
wrote in message
According to the story, which we all know how accurate those can be,

he
was
"NEAR" 18000, I read that as 17,999 and not 18,001.

Class A starts at 18000, but the buffer is 500 feet.

Benefit of the doubt
to him, especially given the accuracy of the equipment.

Bust an altitude by 500 feet and see how much benefit of the doubt they
give you.

Was not aware there was any buffer, but not surprised I guess. My point
being that noone "in the know" has said he busted the 18K mark nor did not
stray into the restricted airspace. So... why scramble F15's to

intercept?

If someone keeps coming to my front door and acting suspicious, I'd call the
cops and not waiting until...

Sounds like someone is loosing it. I fly near restricted airspace all the
time, granted I don't loiter,

BINGO!

but noone says I can't loiter outside
restricted airspace. Guess I need to revisit where I fly less I be shot
down.

Not only WHERE but how high...