Old May 25th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

What is it with you guys busting TFR's ?? Don;t you ever get weather
briefings?? I can't figure it out. I have my students get a Wx
briefing before every flight, even if local that way we are informed.

The system has its flaws.
I can call for a briefing before I leave for the airport.
Problem is, the airfield is a 45 minute drive.
Add 30 minutes to get the airplane out of the hangar and preflighted.
Another 15 minutes before I get airborne.
My information is now 1.5 hours old.
I do not have a phone at the airfield, and the aircraft is an antique
with no electrical system or radios.
I have no way of knowing if anything has changed from my original
briefing until I land at my destination.