Old May 26th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

In article hQsdg.3183$No1.816@attbi_s71,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

It's a basic part of the preflight actions. I also spend a good 15-20
minutes walking around my airplane before every flight

I do a thorough pre-flight inspection before every flight. Every control
surface is checked for continuity, all four gas tanks are visually
inspected, oil is checked, wheel pants are given a tug, prop is examined,
stall indicator movement verified, every screw, bolt and connector is
visually inspected...

I've still got 12 to 17 minutes left. What're you doing that I'm not?

Check nav lights and rotating beacon

Check electric fuel pump

Check flap operation

Sample fuel from each tank and from the gascalator

Touch everything inspected (not just look at it but touch it - how
can you tell a nut is loose just by looking?).

Alternator belt is checked for freeplay

Inspect tires and brakes (including exposed lines)

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the