Old May 26th 06, 12:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Bob,

Obviously the current system isn't working well.

So you didn't even check? And you do tha regularly? Jeeze, wtf do you
expect? This makes what happened entirely your fault, I'm afraid. And,
with all due respect, I really do hope the FSDO manages to teach you a
thorough lesson - because you're one of the idio^H^H^H^H, uhm, persons
hurting all of us pilots by being careless and lazy.

I got a treat the other day to witness a small plane being intercepted
by an F-16 from my living room window in South Jersey on Wednesday. I
knew I would hear about it on the news. Sure enough:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=4203212.

What's funny is the guy keeps saying he didn't know the President was in
town. I think this is a case of not doing the pre-flight homework. I
knew about the TFR two days before it went into effect.

The video gets chopped off, watching it on the news last night she said
other pilots had a hard time believing that he didn't know the President
was in town. That may have been true, but only because he didn't do the
homework. There was another plane in the area that violated airspace,
which I don't have details on. Something you don't see everyday in my
area...

--
Mike