Old May 26th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

How about checking the oil, and visually inspecting (dipping the tanks)
the fuel before every flight?

Fuel guages aren't always trust-worthy, and I don't know that somebody
hasn't siphoned fuel from my tanks while I was enjoying that $100
hamburger.

1st flight of the day... Always a thorough pre-flight inspection
(including duats or wxbrief).

If I stop somewhere for lunch, where the plane is out of my site for an
hour or so... Walk-around, looking to see that nobody bumped into the
bird while I was eating, dip the tanks, check the oil, and do a
standard run-up and controls check.

Day trip, where the plane has been sitting somewhere for an extended
period of time... I treat it like the first flight of the day.

I never take off, without dipping the tanks and checking the oil...

Best Regards,
Todd