Old May 26th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

Peter Duniho wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Check nav lights and rotating beacon

You check them on EVERY flight? I only check those before a night flight.
(And my rotating beacon was removed years ago, in lieu of strobes.)

Of course you check them on every flight. Your strobes are required even in
daytime. And the other lights, well...would you rather learn they were
inoperative when you don't need them, or just before you were planning to
head out at night, thus forcing the flight to be scrubbed?

That is exactly why I check them before every flight, and also why I
carry a spare 7512-12V in the little junk box in the back.

-jav