Old September 19th 04, 02:20 AM
Bruce Bockius

"Jim Pensinger" wrote in message ...
I am building a metal experimental aircraft that has an all moving
rudder/vertical stabilizer (Zenith Zodiac 601XL). Does the moving
stabilizer present any problems to the VOR antenna? It seems to me that the
bottom of the fuselage under the cockpit would be a better mounting place
but I have never seen this used. Is there a reason?

On my 601HD I mounted my VOR antenna on the bottom of the rear
fuselage just forward of the tailwheel (about 1' from the end if you
have a trike). Seems to work although I use the GPS 99.9% of the time
anyways...

http://home.earthlink.net/~fellrider/nav_ant.jpg
http://www.whiteantelopesoftware.com/zodiac

-Bruce Bockius