Old August 16th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Collision alert!

Jon Kraus wrote:
What's incorrect about No Joy? It is only two syllables instead of the
seven for Negative Contact and not considered "banter" at all.

Thank you to whoever pointed out that not all of us are well-versed in
military radio terminology! That's not part of private pilot training,
and while you and the controllers may understand what you're doing, that
excludes non-military pilots sharing the airspace.

I heard someone use the term "Tally Ho" not long ago ... are we all
supposed to know that means he has the traffic? are we supposed to be
impressed? "Traffic in sight" is one extra syllable (so what?), but
military and non-military understand that he sees it and no further
dialogue is required. Seems like a no-brainer.