Old November 23rd 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Al[_2_]

Default ADF Problem

The ADF in our Cessna 172 isn't working right. Yes, we can receive the
audio but the indicator only swings through 180 degrees on the indicator
(from 180 to 360) and doesn't point in the direction of the transmitter.
We tried repalcing the indicator with no improvement. Can someone
ewnlighten us as to other remedies? Simple antenna checks? Clues? All
in all, it's not worth spending a pile of money on an ADF. Of course,
we can still get the football and baseball games on the radio, so it's
at least worth something. Plus it fills a spot on the stack.

Thanks

Al
1964 Skyhawk
Spokane