Old December 14th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default Sims

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Ron writes:

At the risk of jumping into the middle of a flame war, I'd like to
offer a few opinions. I fly real airplanes and play with simulators
now and then. Trust me, sims are not close to the real thing. 100%
of "flying" takes place after you leave the ground. All the
sensations of flight are what you feel, hear and see while moving your
airplane around in the sky. It isn't all going from A to B and
watching the scenery unfold on a monitor screen 20 inches in front of
your face. Even full motion multi-million dollar sims are not the
same as "flying". When you fly, if you love to fly, the expense is
secondary and only enters your mind at times when you are not flying
or not thinking about flying.

So do you fly a 747 or a F-18?

What's it matter? You couldn't fly a chuck glider.

I'll give you the point that simulators can be fun, but they pale in
comparison to flying.

That is purely a matter of opinion.

Bwawhawhahhwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahwh ahwhahwhhahwhahwhhahw!

Bertie