Old February 16th 12, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Default New Butterfly Vario

I already did say "or Instruments that could be used for "Cloud Flying"
I'd hope that was clear enough that anyone would then go to the actual SRA
rules page.
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"Andy" wrote in message
On Feb 16, 8:52 am, "Tim Mara" wrote:

"Instruments or devices equipped with any form or AHRS system (Artificial
Horizon) or Instruments that could be used for "Cloud Flying" that cannot
be
completely disabled or removed are not permitted in any
SSA sanctioned competition!"

Tim,

You may need to edit that note. Your note as written implies that
AHRS means Artifical Horizon and that's not accurate.

AHRS means Attitude and Heading Reference System. An AHRS is a much
more capable system than an AH since it provides (at a minimum) pitch
attitude, roll attitude and heading.

Wouldn't it be better to just quote the rule?

To go off on a tangent - I wonder how many CDs would recognize a Bohli
compass and know what to say about it.

Andy

database 6890 (20120216) __________

http://www.eset.com