Old November 16th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

Default PHIL Thrown out of an FBO...

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:21:38 -0000, Jim Logajan
wrote:

Jose wrote:
"If atheism is a religion, then _not_ collecting stamps is a hobby."

Snarf.

To snarf means to take, (usually surrepticiously) an item (usually a
small one). I've just snarfed this into my quotes file. (How) would
you like to be credited when I use it?

The quote did not originate from me. I don't recall where I first saw it -
a net search may locate the originator.

Statement X: "A person making the statement Y, "All religions are
invalid," makes the person a member of a religion R."

What does "valid" and "invalid" mean in this context? A religion can be
valid and false, for some reasonable definitions of "valid".

Valid in this context means the statements the religion makes about the
world are true. At least I think that is what I mean. :-)

If cognative dissonance invalidated a religion, we could all stop
right there.

Don