Old January 26th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Vario loudspeaker question

Birdbones wrote:
This winter I wired a small 8 ohm .5 watt speaker to my 302 and mounted
it near my ear. It works fine. The only problem is that the 302 does
not allow me to disconnect the internal speaker so it continues to be a
load, although at low volume it should be a small load. I believe that
I read that you should not wire both the B40 and the 302 to the same
speaker.
Randy Cone

The speaker that came with my 302 is rated 8 ohm and 3 to 5 watts. So
your speaker is rated at only about 10 to 15% of the wattage, yet can
handle the watts coming from the 302.