Old March 31st 18, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default soliciting DG-101 info

On Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 10:58:06 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking at a DG-101G and am seeking feedback from experienced pilots regarding handling, assembly, landing, and any components that are typically subjected to wear or damage.

Thanks-
Matt

Hi Matt,

I owned a DG 100G (different canopy)for some time and found it a very easy glider to fly. No bad habits, a good climbing glider with a good glide comparable to a Libelle or Cirrus, nearly as good as a Pegasus flown dry and very very comfortable. Assembly was ok although one of the aileron le hotellier fittings was in sort of a difficult place to get to in order to insert the safety pin. Landings were easy. They are nice gliders and an easy transition from a Grob 103, and much nicer to fly.

Mike