Old April 1st 18, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default soliciting DG-101 info

Couple of things;

1) Absolutely loved my DG-101. Had heart palpitations when I saw it drive away for the last time. Very popular ship for first time glass buyers and it retains its value.

2) Trim full forward aerotow. Yep, that is what the POD says. Never had any issues.

3) There are 48 (not 9) registered DG-100/101's in the US. http://registry..faa.gov/aircraftinq...G-101&PageNo=1.

4) Hotellier - This is a bit of a downside. There is an AD that mandates some type of positive safety, the cheapest being safety pins. Getting those on two of the fittings is "easy" as these are just inside of the turtledeck hatch. The other two need to be done by feel. Other options can be seen at http://aviation.derosaweb.net/wedekind/. The best option by far is installing Wedekind-Sicherung ("LS Safety") sleeves.

Best of Luck, John OHM Ω