Old November 5th 03, 05:49 PM
Stewart Kissel

You might want to take a hard look at how long it will
take to finish up if you switch over to the club.
It may not be a cost savings if you can finish much
quicker with the FBO. Remember a club is a group working
towards a common goal, not just a cheap way for you
to learn to fly. Without knowing the particulars,
I would lean towards getting the ticket before the
transition.

At 17:42 05 November 2003, Isoar wrote:
I'm scheduled to Solo this weekend (yipeee!) and am
thinking about
whats next. Plan was to train at a FBO then join a
club. Question is
when to transition? I know theres going to be more
lessons before I
take the FAA license test. FBO advantage is familiar
aircraft,
airfield, soaring conditions, instructor. Only disadvantage
is price.
When would be the best time to transition? When would
be the
stupidest?