Old August 30th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
john smith

Default Rolls-Royce O-200?

They are exactly the same engine. Only difference is the RR part numbers
end in RR.

pardon my ignorance...
Is a rolls-royce O-200 the same as a continental O-200?
I mean specifically same overhaul times, same parts, same maintenance,
etc?
I'm interested in a homebuilt with one but don't want to get into some
orphan engine.

And they have those really neat stamped RR plates on the end of each
cylinder. When you go to fly-ins and prop your cowling open, guaranteed
to draw a crowd.