Old April 26th 19, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Cambridge model-20 GPS

Hi Moshe,

I don't know if this will help, but I found that sending tasks to the GPS-NAV using Glide Navigator II worked great - as long as the waypoint file in GN II was the same waypoint file loaded into the GPS-NAV. The same was true when using an Oudie 2 and SeeYou Mobile or ConnectMe to sent a task declaration to the GPS-NAV.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 3:42:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Does anybody know if there's a way to activate a task in the old Cambridge flight recorders WITHOUT using the separate display unit? Tasks can be loaded (via a serial cable) from a PC running the Cambridge Aero Explorer software, but they don't appear in the resulting flight logs unless they are "activated" from the display unit. I'm hoping there is an alternative method, e.g., sending some secret phrase to the thing via the serial port. Nothing fancy needed, just make "Task A" active. This is to enable electronic declaration of goal flights.