Old March 18th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default New Russian fighter...wow!

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:30:21 -0400, "Darkwing"
theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:

Why do democrats oppose capital punishment but support abortion?

You'll have to ask a Democrat. :-)

Personally, I am able to see the logic in turning the other cheek, but
I oppose pregnant women as sole occupants being permitted to operate
their motor vehicles in the car-pool lanes by virtue of their fetuses
being granted legal 'person' status. :-)

With regard to abortion, there is little doubt that children should be
reared in a loving home with two parents (Plato's Republic
notwithstanding), so if those conditions cannot be met, early-term
abolition may be appropriate (despite the opportunity for potential
abuse it opens for physicians). The state demanding that a women
carry a fetus full term is abuse, and should remain outside our
government's purview, as should all government pronouncements of what
an individual may do with his own body. At the rate evangelists are
writing new laws, before long our government will be citing citizens
for failing to put on their sweaters. Hell, look at the FAA's
requirement for homebuilders to engage in that activity solely for
education and recreation; if the motivational state of mind of an
aircraft builder isn't outside governmental preview, I don't know what
is. An aircraft is either suitable for operation in the NAS or it
isn't regardless of what its builder was thinking when he constructed
it.

That said, it is patently apparent to any thinking person, that a
doctrine of an-eye-for-an-eye must necessarily lead to perpetual war;
for that reason, I heartily applaud the Christen church for espousing
the notion of turning the other cheek in response to aggression.

"Let us forgive each other - only then will we live in peace”
-- Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

My 2¢