Old March 8th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

Default Flying to Texas...recommendations?

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ps.com...
Although I'm sure the weather is warmer than you're probably
experiencing in Iowa these days, it's not warm enough that a dip in
the ocean is all that enticing for us at least... Water temperature is
probably close to what the NOAA Galveston buoy is reporting...

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42035

Well, hell's bells -- now even buoys have their own websites
nowadays! Who'd a thunk it?

And that 60 degree water sounds pretty good. Shoot, we used to swim
in Lake Michigan, so you KNOW cold water ain't too much of a
deterrent...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

The only time I've ever actually thought I was going to die:

My then girlfriend and I flipped a Sailfish in Grand Traverse Bay in early
June. Holy sh*t was that water cold!!!!! It was actually difficult to
breath due to the shock.

Jay B