Old September 14th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gilbert Smith

Default Grob 109

"Brien" wrote:

Thinking of buying a 109A need to know the good the bad and the ugly of it.
Just what do I need to know about it, I have had people say stay away from
it others say it is good if you know how to fly it ?

The wing section is much thicker on the 109A, and pretty poor IMHO.
The A will spin of a 50kt turn, and don't ever think of attempting a
take-off with water on the wings. I saw one go through the upwind
boundary because the under surface got wet from the grass.

It has a 2 litre Limbach engine, while the 109B has 2.5 litre.