Old April 19th 04, 08:56 PM
Newps

Assuming normal wear and tear an overhaul on a 2 blade McCauley for your
typical 182 will run $2K.

"Rick Durden" wrote in message
m...
Don,

Ten years since the prop was overhauled??? Yikes.

I think you are getting an overhaul reminder. Could be a seal, could
be a crack...I suspect it's time. While the McCauley's don't have the
AD for overhaul every five years, ten years is a little long to go.
Those whirling chunks of metal are under terrific stress.

BTW, do some pricing on the overhaul. If you hit the situation where
you have to replace blades, also do some comparitive shopping as there
may be deals to be had on the new three-blade props for your airplane.