Old June 10th 05, 02:11 AM
Dave S

I'm sure there is..

But for about $3000 USD you can get a Dynon D10A that is an "all in
one", and does its job quite well.

Laptops and other "full featured" computers are doing multiple things in
the background, not all of which are mission critical to what you are
wanting to do. It's the poor design of some of these other tasks that
can make the device crashy and unstable.

Truth is, your own ultralight is a device that is going to be a daytime
VFR beast, flown by visual reference outside the craft. Not much more to
instrumentation other than a gas gauge (sight glass), a compass, an
altimeter and perhaps an engine instrument or two.. and an airspeed
indicator.. So far we arent talking about a whole lot of $$$ compared to
what a sensor package would cost to send signals to a laptop.

Dave

Kevin Berlyn wrote:
Gday everyone.... I am a new comer to Aviation and I am currently building
my own ultralight... Question if I may.. Instead of loading up my craft with
gauges and $$$ , is there an instrument software package available that I
can run on a Lap top and have the Lap top installed in the Cockpit?