Old June 2nd 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval

Default Defense against UAV's

In message , Fred J. McCall
writes
"Paul J. Adam" wrote:
:
:Out of interest, what are the USN SH-60 detachment doing at Neptune
:Warrior 063 this month? They've come to work with our Lynxes on
:Objective 6.2.2... "low slow fliers".

Why, they're making you look bad, of course.

id they not get your memo that there was no reason for them to get
:involved?

No need to get shirty, Paul. This sort of remark is what gets your
feelings bruised when I bat it back at you in return.

No need to get defensive, Fred - it's not the first time you've made
statements that proved to be bold, sweeping and wrong.

"Hint: Helicopters aren't used as interceptors." - unless the contact
is low and slow, like many types of UAV, in which case helicopters *are*
used as interceptors.

What air-to-air weapons do you think a USN SH-60 carries?

For this, the optional door gun should suffice nicely (that's what the
Lynx would be using, after all).

--
Paul J. Adam