Old February 8th 21, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Kennedy

Default What is involved regulation wise adding an electric motor to a glider?

David Scott
I don't know what your budget is.. But If you want to work on a electric glider a good choice might be to get a Antares.
From what I've read their very high performance, very nice to fly, but need ALOT of hands on work to keep them running.
Building something from scratch sounds very daunting to me.
JJ's post above is a eye opener.
Hanks posts are too. He's a full time professional in the Glider Biz, and look at the hurtles and challenges he had to overcome.
It seems to me you could easily spend a bunch of money, get in way over your head and end up with a very expensive, unflyable, unsafe, un airworthy, piece of junk.
Good Luck!
Nick