Old July 25th 03, 03:32 AM
rb

I flew on aircraft carriers for 11 years (minus time on shore billets)
and had 1500 hrs and over 300 traps. Please don't lecture me on
aviation safety.

Well, you ARE basically telling people to give up on this before they start,
then your rebuttal is a "been there done that" M.O. Furthermore, after you
bitch over the dangers as one of the reasons you're not going to do it, you
tell people not to lecture you about safety. You sir are a complete idiot
whom I doubt has any such flight time. There is more to aviation than
actually flying, alot of it is about spirit, something you don't have or
lost somewhere along the way. There are people who are willing to accept
the risks of flying, and there are people that aren't willing to do that.
Put yourself in the second category and find another board to troll, I doubt
your tactics are going to discourage anyone here.

"Jim Willson" wrote in message

Bill Chernoff wrote:

Live is to be lived, not skipped because of safety issues.

Go watch TV with your kids, Jim. Its safe, and you'll be spending
quality time with them.

I flew on aircraft carriers for 11 years (minus time on shore billets)
and had 1500 hrs and over 300 traps. Please don't lecture me on
aviation safety. But after spending years chasing after a sense of
accomplishment, a name for myself, and living life to its fullest, I
learned the meaning of a fulfilled life. It's the smile, the hug, the
hand in hand, the talking about what interests them under a tree or
reading a book to them. What's a TV?

Careful, you're doing the same thing you're accusing me of doing.
Stereotyping.

R/
Jim