Old April 23rd 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default TE Probe on ASW-15

On Apr 22, 9:30 pm, mike wrote:
On Apr 22, 7:08 pm, wrote:

I'm trying to have an Ilec TE Probe mounted on my ASW-15. It looks
like one will have to cut a hole behind the rudder to fit the probe
from the backside of the fin. If anyone has any information or better
yet some pictures or drawings on the best way to install this, it
would be a great help.
Thank You
Bob

I would try a fuse mounted one.

http://www.ssa.org/members/johnson/f...89-1998-04.pdf

I made a TE probe per Johnson's plans and installed it on my Cherokee
over the winter. It seemed to work very well on my 5:20 flight 2
weeks ago. It is a little sensitive to gusts right now, i think I
need to add a constriction in the line to settle it down a little.