Old October 1st 19, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Default Open Cirrus for sale

At 13:58 01 October 2019, Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
wrote:

A wet chute can freeze in place. If leaving a glider with a chute out

overnight, dew can form on the glider and will run to the ground and

into
the chute and statics. My recommendation is to remove the chute

and tent,
not cover, the statics with tape.

Also check with the seller whether this Cirrus is German or VTC

built.
There are big differences.

Frank Whiteley

Good advice! After deploying and on rollout I would jettison the drag
chute to minimize ground damage and then hang it in my home or

hangar until
re-packing it into the container for my next flight. Hanging lets it
unwrinkle and it stays dry.

In my experience the Open Cirrus has reasonable airbrakes (i.e.
superior to the Open Libelle, Phoebus C, and SHK) that the drag chute
isn't really that necessary - only if you had really made a pigs ear of
your field landing selection would you need it.