Old April 8th 05, 06:07 PM
Robert Ehrlich

Kilo Charlie wrote:
So my question is.....is there a simpler way to do this? Prestec or some
other paint maybe? Does the fact that it takes me so long to finish the
gelcoat mean that I am doing it all wrong?

I don't know a simpler way. The time it takes is highly dependant on
your training. In my club there is a permanent employee who is
responsible for the management of flights during the flying season
and takes care of the maintenance of the fleet during winter. He
became an expert in refinishing after doing it for a lot of
club gliders (7 during the 12 last years if I am not wrong)
and shares this know-how with private owners who want to do the
same thing for their gliders. But during the time for a beginner
to refinish just the tail control surfaces and tailplane, he
is almost done with a complete glider.