Old January 29th 11, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Berry[_2_]

Default Ridge Soaring?

In article ,
Walt Connelly wrote:

Okay, I'm looking for a place to do some ridge soaring. Never done it,
it doesn't exist where I fly. (Seminole Lake GP, Florida) Any
suggestions as to the best ridge soaring and availability of
instruction?

Walt

Hands down, you need to go to Chilhowee Gliderport, Benton, TN.
Chilhowee is a great place to get an intro to ridge flying. It is the
closest ridge site to you, the gliderport is close up against the ridge,
the ridge works well, and the surrounding terrain is landout friendly.
Instruction, rides, and tows are available. Lodging is close by and
reasonably priced. I recommend (believe it or not) the local Red Roof
Inn. They have a special rate for glider pilots ($55/night) and the
hotel is actually extremely clean, comfortable, and well run.

I'm sure you'll hear from others also suggesting Chilhowee.