Old January 16th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default January 2007 pic in SSA calendar

Nah, I think he likes using it. It looks like it's on the gear doors
too

Ray Roberts wrote:
Hey guys, lighten up!!!
It's much more likely that he ran out of white tape and the black stuff was
either what was still at hand or what was locally available to be purchased.
It's entirely appropriate for a contest pilot to have priorities higher than
the color of the tape!
Ray Roberts
(who has had occasion to fly with gray tape).
Ventus 2cM "Q"

"JS" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Black wing tape - its cheaper and butt-ugly. No kidding.

And we all know that pilots who can afford to spend so much on a glider
have got to save the three cents on wing tape.
What a reputation to keep up.
Jim