Old January 9th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
[email protected][_1_]

Default FAA paper Noise Attenuation Properties of Noise-Canceling Headsets

Somebody wasted my tax dollars coming up with this piece
of "obvious" drivel? Try them on and see what you can
hear?

Phhhhtttt. These guys are pikers, Ron. Hell, at least they're
studying something quasi-useful.

Here's a good one: There are "government studies" going on nationwide
-- to the tune of tens of millions of taxpayer dollars -- trying to
figure out why people are FAT, as if this is some sort of mystery.

Closer to (my) home, let's talk about the hundreds of thousands of
dollars spent on "environmental impact studies" for our runway
extension in Iowa City. As if any one of us couldn't have written a
fact-filled report on any given weekend, describing the effect of
adding 1000 feet of pavement to the end of the runway.

Or, perhaps, we should talk about the University of Iowa's "driving
simulator" that has cost millions, and generated little real science?
Or their ongoing millions in grants to develop "synthetic vision" --
when it's already for sale in ads in every aviation magazine.

The more you look, the sicker you become. It's best not to think about
it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA