Old September 12th 03, 06:15 PM
Guy Alcala

Walt BJ wrote:

Guy, we carried SA2 missile beacon jammers in March of 72 et seq and
they were quite effective.

I have no doubt they were effective sometimes, as not all of the North
Vietnamese SA-2s and Fan Songs were modified. However, I could swear I
read an official or semi-official (paraphrased) report in the last
couple of months, which stated that the later model SA-2s had been given
coded beacons of greater power, which rendered beacon jamming
ineffective (at the time at least). Damned if I can remember where
right now, so I could lay my hands on it and provide the quote. I'll
keep looking.

Guy