Old July 11th 04, 02:00 AM
Doug Hoffman

Marc Ramsey wrote:

A related anecdote: my partner and I have a
LAK-17A which has quite obvious spar bumps on
the top and bottom wing surfaces. We're perfectly
happy with the performance, so we haven't done
anything about it. A top US contest pilot had flown
with us a number of times in his new ASW-27B
(when we were using 15M tips), and noticed that
he couldn't keep up in higher speed glides.

So you are going to make impressions of your "unique" airfoil in case LAK
fixes their process? That way you could get them to build you another
glider (should you need one) with assurances you will still have the magic
bumps. ;-)

Regards,

-Doug