Old June 11th 13, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Finke

Default Glider Financing

Paul, that's funny.

Since then they do now finance aircraft, but not sailplanes. It was
really kind of funny because the Everett Branch had a sailplane
hanging in the lobby with a picture of it flying down below and an
advertisement saying that they now offer aircraft financing. I pursued
them for my first glider purchase and got as far as the question "How
much horsepower?" and when I said zero, they looked at me weird, and
said they don't finance aircraft without engines. I tried to call them
out on it's still an aircraft per the FAR's, and you advertise
aircraft financing.

My honest guess is they are using prepackaged financing software where
the horsepower of the aircraft somehow relates to it's value, and when
they can't put a number in it, they just freak.

-Kevin