Old June 11th 13, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Glider Financing

On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:09:08 PM UTC-5, Kevin Finke wrote:
Paul, that's funny. Since then they do now finance aircraft, but not sailplanes. It was really kind of funny because the Everett Branch had a sailplane hanging in the lobby with a picture of it flying down below and an advertisement saying that they now offer aircraft financing. I pursued them for my first glider purchase and got as far as the question "How much horsepower?" and when I said zero, they looked at me weird, and said they don't finance aircraft without engines. I tried to call them out on it's still an aircraft per the FAR's, and you advertise aircraft financing. My honest guess is they are using prepackaged financing software where the horsepower of the aircraft somehow relates to it's value, and when they can't put a number in it, they just freak. -Kevin

you just need a motorglider...