Old August 5th 15, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FLARM in Stealth Mode at US 15M/Standard Nationals - Loved It!

I flew the PAGC this year in TN (Thanks, Sarah) where we used FLARM extensively as tactical device. I felt it changed the nature of the contest significantly.

It was my idea to go stealth at the Std/15m Nats this year at Harris Hill. I flew the contest as well and had no complaints personally or from any other competitor- other than some had trouble configuring initially. All warnings were spot on and the unit became a collision avoidance only.

Warnings from fast movers always over ride the 2km and +\- 300 m vertical limitations.

I'm glad we did it so we can have an informed discussion on this important topic in this year's opinion poll.

XC