Old November 21st 17, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Hod Taylor

I had the good fortune to have flown out of BFGP from late 1970 through 1978. Then again from 1982 until 1986. Of course one could not spend any time at BFGP and not run into Hod...on a very regular basis. Hod (along with Dave Johnson) was instrumental in my becoming somewhat proficient in wave flying. Hod summed up wave flying in one word, "patience."
After a day's flying Hod would imbibe which at times seemed, well, a bit excessive. During the course of a party at the club house one evening, Hod; who was in his cups, made a somewhat untoward remark to my then wife Julie who in turn dumped the contents of her wine glass, which was quite full by the way, over Hod's head. He didn't bat an eye. Just turned around and walked away.