Old July 20th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

Default Constant speed prop question

On 2008-07-20, Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
Terence Wilson wrote:
I found this paragraph to be confusing because it makes several
references to rpm but doesn't clarify whether it is engine or prop
rpm. The blanks were inserted by me. Can someone help me out?

It's engine rpm, but in direct drive engines prop rpm and engine rpm are the
same.

....and in geared engines, or engines with some other propeller speed
reduction unit (such as the Rotax 912), they're directly proportional. Thus,
it doesn't matter whether it's engine or prop rpm.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)