Old July 23rd 18, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Juanman[_2_]

Default US team silence

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:43:56 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 12:19:34 AM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
Yea plenty posted on Facebook. Youve been there done that John, there's plenty of other things for the pilots and crews to do besides writing reports.

I believe John has a valid point.
The Team asks for support, and does give back in several ways.
That said, it is not unreasonable to expect a short note telling supporters what went on. At the 2 WGC events we flew in, my wife Dianne would gather input at our group breakfast, or dinner the night before, and write a report while we got ready to fly. She was also busy- manager at Gawler and manager/captain at Musbach.
She made it a priority as it should be.
Our teams need to do better at communicating with our supporters and fans.. It needs to be on our centralized site so all can find it.
Well done Jim! You were very much in the game.
UH

Whenever John Good crews at a Worlds he sends great reports. It can be done.. Pete Alexander has already started from Czech Republic.