Old April 1st 19, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Hodgetts

Default Buying LS3a or ASW20a? ~$25k cross country glider. Which one and why?

Don't rule out a Ventus B .... I've owned a half share in one for four
years,
it's a delight to rigg (lift-top trailer) cf wings are light(ish) and the
thin
section is less affected by rain and bugs. The trialing edge airbrakes can

give you a 4.5 to 1 glide(!) which can be very useful.
Yes, there are things to be aware of (don't close the brakes near the
ground!) but possibly no more than with other older flapped gliders. At my

weight, 85Kg, the stall seems innocuous.
Not particularly tiring to fly.
And I almost forgot - with the 16.6m tips it soars and goes really, really

well!
Paul Hodgetts