Old March 31st 05, 01:46 PM
Stefan

Julian Scarfe wrote:

This is actually a misconception, though a very commonly held one. When QNE
was used in RT, it represented the *elevation* that would be measured on an

I suspect you'll find even more inaccuracies in my post if you really go
for it. (The omission to point out the difference between transition
altitude and transition level jumps to my mind.) I tried to keep it simple.

A good list of the exact definitions of all Q-codes is he
http://www.kloth.net/radio/qcodes.php

Of allthose codes, the ones I think a pilot should (must) know are
QNE, QNH, QFE (in Europe, at least)
QFU (you'll find that on french approach plates, for example)
QDR, QDM, QTE (not good if you're lost and then confuse QDR and QDM)

Stefan