Old April 22nd 05, 02:07 AM
john smith

Mark, I wanted to offer my opinion on the "steel linkage" style mic booms.
I am of the opposite feeling. I have DC10-40's with the metal booms.
There are different styles and I prefer the DC style because they are
made with a higher quality stainless design than other cheaper models.
My dislike of the flexible boom is that loses its stiffness over time
and will fall away from from the position it is placed in.
In the 25 years I have had my DC10-40's, they have never failed to stay
where I put them.

Mark Morissette wrote:
That, and I really dislike the "steel linkage" style of microphone
arm. I flew with one like that before, and never felt comfortable with
the limited microphone maneuverability versus a "flexible" microphone
arm that one can adjust inflight if needed without having to loosen
screws or adjust tensioners.