Old July 13th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Scottish Glider Crash

One can only assume his radio was inoperative after the "landing",
leading me to wonder if he had any battery power just before. Glad to
hear the pilot is okay.

ELTs etc are like life insurance policies -- they only benefit the
survivor(s), not the person paying for it (or wasting endless hours
trying to figure out where and how to mount it in a V2 only to bag the
whole thing and drink beer ... ahem, real beer, yes we do have some in
the States ...)

~ted/2NO

ps for sale cheap, working ELT, never used