Old July 13th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mal[_1_]

Default Scottish Glider Crash

wrote in message
ups.com...
btw I want to make it clear that I am in no way *opposed* to ELTs ... I
would love to have one in my glider ... but I have a serious problem
with someone telling me I *must* have one, when there is no practical
and effective way of getting it installed.

A personal ELT can be worn should be worn through your parachute strap you
go it goes its always in easy reach.

The new beacons you can call up before you go and say I am doing gliding or
whatever they put this in the database linked the ELB number.

I volunteer as an observer for search and rescue.

Activate a ELT = you are found very quickly no ELT many aircraft persons on
ground are searching an area cost huge your life even theirs at risk.

www.mals.net